Are you tired of scrolling through your phone, looking at all the photos you’ve taken, and feeling like they’re just sitting there, doing nothing? Why not put them to good use and make something with them! Not only will you have a fun and creative project to work on, but you’ll also have something tangible to display and enjoy. Here are 10 DIY projects you can make with your own photos that are sure to impress.
Table of Contents:
- Photo Magnets
- Photo Coasters
- Photo Collage Wall Art
- Personalized Phone Case
- Photo Keychains
- Photo Puzzle
- Photo Memory Game
- Photo Bookmarks
- Instagram Wall Clock
- Photo Lampshade
- Photo Magnets
Transform your favorite photos into magnets to brighten up your fridge or office space. All you need are some adhesive magnetic sheets, scissors, and your photos. Simply print out your photos, cut them to the size of the magnet sheet, and stick them on. You can even add a layer of clear adhesive film to protect the photo.
Protect your surfaces in style with photo coasters. Using ceramic tiles, Mod Podge, and your photos, you can create custom coasters that will make your guests jealous. Cut your photos to fit the size of the tiles, apply a layer of Mod Podge to the tile, stick the photo on, and add a few more layers of Mod Podge to seal it in.
Photo Collage Wall Art
Create a stunning piece of wall art by making a photo collage. Choose a theme or color scheme, print out your photos, and arrange them on a canvas or poster board. Use Mod Podge to stick them down and add a few coats to seal it all in. Hang it up and admire your masterpiece.
Personalized Phone Case
Protect your phone while showing off your favorite photos with a personalized phone case. You can purchase blank phone cases online or at craft stores and then use your own photos and Mod Podge to decorate it. Cut your photos to fit the case, apply a layer of Mod Podge to the case, stick the photo on, and add a few more layers of Mod Podge to seal it in.
Carry your memories with you wherever you go by making photo keychains. Print out your photos, cut them to size, and use a keychain kit to assemble them. You can even add a layer of clear adhesive film to protect the photo.
Turn your photos into a fun and challenging puzzle. You can purchase blank puzzle pieces online or at craft stores and then use your own photos to create a custom puzzle. Print out your photo, cut it into pieces, and stick it on the blank puzzle pieces using Mod Podge.
Photo Memory Game
Create a fun and personalized memory game using your own photos. Print out two copies of each photo, cut them to size, and stick them on blank playing cards using Mod Podge. Shuffle them up and challenge your friends and family to a game.
Mark your place in style with photo bookmarks. Print out your photos, cut them to size, and use adhesive laminate to protect the photo. Then, punch a hole at the top and add a tassel or ribbon.
Instagram Wall Clock
Turn your Instagram feed into a functional piece of art with an Instagram wall clock. You can purchase blank clock faces online or at craft stores and then use your own photos to create a custom clock. Print out your photos, cut them to size, and stick them on the clock face using Mod Podge.
Create a warm and cozy atmosphere in any room by making a photo lampshade. All you need is a plain lampshade, some tracing paper, and your photos. Print out your photos on the tracing paper and cut them to size. Then, use a glue stick to stick the photos onto the lampshade, making sure to overlap them slightly to create a collage effect. Once you’ve covered the entire lampshade, turn on the light and enjoy the warm glow of your memories.
In conclusion, there are so many fun and creative DIY projects you can make with your own photos. Whether you choose to make photo magnets, coasters, wall art, phone cases, keychains, puzzles, memory games, bookmarks, a clock, or a lampshade, the possibilities are endless. So, get your creative juices flowing and start making something beautiful and unique with your favorite memories.
are a fun and easy DIY project that you can make with your own photos. Not only are they a great way to display your favorite memories, but they also make great gifts for family and friends. In this article, we’ll go over the steps to make your own photo magnets, as well as some tips and tricks to make them look their best.
- Small ceramic or glass tiles (available at most hardware stores)
- Your favorite photos, printed on regular printer paper
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Clear acrylic sealer spray
- Scissors or a craft knife
- Cut your photos to fit the tiles: Use scissors or a craft knife to cut your photos to the same size as your tiles. For example, if your tiles are 2 inches by 2 inches, cut your photos to the same size.
- Apply Mod Podge to the tile: Use a foam brush to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the top of the tile.
- Apply the photo to the tile: Place the photo onto the Mod Podge-coated tile, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Apply another layer of Mod Podge: Use the foam brush to apply another thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo, making sure to coat the entire surface of the tile.
- Let it dry: Allow the Mod Podge to dry completely, which usually takes a few hours.
- Seal the tile: Once the Mod Podge is dry, spray the tile with a clear acrylic sealer spray to protect the photo and make the tile water-resistant.
- Attach the magnet: Use a strong adhesive to attach a magnet to the back of the tile. You can use small round magnets or strips of magnet tape.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a high-quality printer: For the best results, use a high-quality printer to print your photos. You can also have them printed at a local print shop for even better quality.
- Use matte Mod Podge: Matte Mod Podge will give your tiles a more professional and polished look, while glossy Mod Podge can create glare and reflections.
- Use a ruler or straight edge: To make sure your photos are cut straight and to the right size, use a ruler or straight edge to guide your scissors or craft knife.
- Add a personal touch: You can use stickers, stamps, or other embellishments to add a personal touch to your photo magnets.
- Experiment with different sizes and shapes: You don’t have to stick to square tiles – try using different shapes and sizes to create a more interesting display.
- “10 Fun DIY Projects You Can Make With Your Own Photos” by A Beautiful Mess: https://abeautifulmess.com/10-fun-diy-projects-you-can-make-with-your-own-photos/
- “Photo Magnet Tutorial” by Mod Podge Rocks: https://modpodgerocksblog.com/photo-magnet-tutorial/
- “DIY Photo Coasters” by Something Turquoise: https://somethingturquoise.com/2011/12/06/diy-photo-coasters/
- “DIY Photo Collage Wall Art” by The Homes I Have Made: https://thehomesihavemade.com/2014/06/diy-photo-collage-wall-art/
- “DIY Personalized Phone Case” by The Spruce Crafts: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/diy-personalized-phone-case-4176779
- “DIY Photo Keychains” by Lovely Indeed: https://lovelyindeed.com/diy-photo-keychains/
- “DIY Photo Puzzle” by One Dog Woof: https://www.1dogwoof.com/diy-photo-puzzle-gift-idea/
- “DIY Photo Memory Game” by The Happy Housie: https://thehappyhousie.porch.com/diy-photo-memory-game/
- “DIY Photo Bookmarks” by Simple Everyday Mom: https://www.simpleeverydaymom.com/diy-photo-bookmarks/
- “DIY Instagram Wall Clock” by Country Living: https://www.countryliving.com/diy-crafts/how-to/g4506/diy-instagram-wall-clock/
- “DIY Photo Lampshade” by The House That Lars Built: https://thehousethatlarsbuilt.com/2016/06/diy-photo-lampshade.html/